Saturday 13 December 2008

Mocaccino

Cairo, 1.35 pm
Library. Second floor.

Looking for an Arabic radio station. I couldn't find a good one, or have I developed a westerner ear?

I'm not in the mood for heavy gulf 'g' and 't' if you know what I mean.

Thirsty but will drink later.

Poor Matt is reviewing my writing sample.

I should be telling you what has been going on since I last blogged but don't have time now as you can see.

Back to searching for an Arabic radio station. Can't find any.

It's about time to start writing this damn last paragraph of the paper.
No, work on the summary table first.
Deadline in four hours.

Quraan station. That's better now.

If only the guy at the computer next to me stops munching crisps!

Alright! 12 Times New Roman, double spaced. Make it 11, 1.5 spaced. Looking good.
"In this literature review I deal with the efficacy.." Efficacy? Where did i get this word from? Stupid GRE!! Effectiveness? Efficacy?
"In this paper I have reviewed three studies that deal with.."

I am not really in the mood for analyzing Quraan verses now. AOL will do.
Hmm, Jazz Latino is fine.

Mocachino is the right thing to do now.

Going down the stairs.. hop! hop! hop!

Five little firemen standing in a row....1, 2, 3, 4, 5 they go
Up on the engine with a SHOUT .... Quicker than a wink the fire is out

Here is the smiley librarian. Smile and walk strait out. It's not time for that "Whassup!" chat plus he doesn't know I'm probably at least six years older.

Where has the sun gone? el gaw bard (it's cold).

- One mocaccino please. Here you go, LE 12.

Mmmm, warm and chocolatey, but the best part is the small cube of chocolate they hand you with every cup. Cafe Tabasco, you're the best! I hear thier branch in Mohandessin serves beer. Is it wrong to buy from them, then? Well, it'll be haraam (forbidden) to stay at hotels then. Long story. Let's not get into this now.

Climbing up the stairs.. up! up! up!

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed .... One fell off and bumped his head
Mama called the doctor and the doctor said .... "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

Man, I'm out of breath. I need to start believing in sports before the end of the year.

Sneakers off, cross-legged, hair down although you may not be able to figure that out.

Alors!
"In this literature review, I deal with a question that all teachers have to answer every time..."

Gosh, ending a paper is as hard as ending a relationship.

"In this DAMN literature review, it was clear that the decision regarding whether to provide feedback on writing or not, in what form, and how often..."

Cairo, 4.56 pm
Library. Second floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved it ! Thank you kholkhal :)