Tuesday 23 December 2008

99.95

I was at school this morning. Heading to the library with a carry mug of hot tea. Although I had decided to boycott university food because it was unhealthy and OVERpriced, it was too cold to stick to principles.

I stopped by an unhealthy-packed-stuff stand to get cookies.

-- Afternoon, do you have milk or butter cookies?
~ Yes, here you go.
-- How much? A hundred pounds? :)
~ No, 99.95 only ;)
-- Oh, that's less than Mubarak's 99.99% votes
~ You, see? We're better than other things in life.

I handed the guy the 4.50 pounds for the cookies.

It struck me how people who may have nothing in common turn out to have something in common. An bitter understanding realities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot at political humour :)) Maybe you could become the first Egyptian + female (!) stand-up comedian and put a show :)