Monday 7 July 2008

Surreeeeeender II

I will not be ablet to go to this weekend's session but at least I can share with you the announcement.

Study Circle This Week: Polygamy;)

Hello everyone,


Here is your chance to learn how to share your husband with other wives:)))))) Just kidding. But I bet you will be interested to know how some women were more than happy to do this and in fact found their husbands other wives. Well, you will get to meet some, at least ONE.

We will cover the historical background on this subject and its relevance to other Abrahamic religions, Judaism and Christianity and how polygammy has been practiced for centuries. We will take a close look at Islamic stance on this subject and will examine the positive and negative aspect of this controversial topic.

Please bring with you all your questions and a dish to share with others. The time is from 5-9 pm at my home in (..........) Address is attached for anyone new.

Please RSVP as soon as possible as I may have to turn down some late responders if we have more than we can fit in the house.

Looking forward to see your shinning faces:)

Peace,
(..............)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh it's too bad you can't go to that one and learn about the bliss of multiple marriage. Can I find a woman who will FIND ME other women ?

C.
ps. Love the new front page picture. I liked yours better though. And what happened to "Let me BE" ?

Nesrine said...

Well,
If you are Muslim or planning to be, let me know and I CAN and WILL find you a woman who would go find you a second wife :)
Don't believe me? Try!!

Annie said...

Oh, wow! If I weren't leaving tonight, I would probably be hounding you right now for the blanked-out address so I could check out this meeting myself - how incredibly fascinating, especially the part where they will compare polygamy in Islam to polygamy in Judaism and Christianity...

A big recent TV hit in the US has been a drama, "Big Love," that explores polygamy in the Mormon faith ( http://www.hbo.com/biglove/ ) - although the practice is illegal in the US, it's apparently very widely practiced, especially in Utah. Needless to say, it's riveting stuff.

Hey! If anyone wants to be a millionaire, write a script for a show that depicts Muslim polygamy and send it to Hollywood - I'm sure it would take off in a flash, whether set in Cairo, New York or anywhere in between!

Also, I'm wishing you the best of luck today, though I'm sure you don't need it.