Thursday 2 July 2009

02.07=30 :)

What a beautiful early hour.

02.07+156+157+158+2019+5x5 (still) = 30.

It's past midnight and it's my BIRTHDAY :D Yohoooooo. No, I'm not out celebrating, not making a cake, not treating myself to anything, yet. Instead, I'm completing Form 157 and Form 158 because I have a visa appointment at 1.00 pm in heat of 38 degrees ON my birthday and then I'm working till 9.45 pm. Life is unfair sometimes.

Photo requirements : 5x5, white background, face front, show ears, don't smile. No, they didn't say don't smile, but I decided not to just in case. Product is a 5x5 photo of me literally looking like a silent Bulldog, squint as someone once told me. I was going to be kind and say I looked like ancient Egyptian still statues, but I couldn't help picturing the squint bulldog thing.
I'm going to go out with my brother after work. I'll treat myself to a huuuge caramel cinnamon roll.

Form 156: Have you ever had any training on explosives? Check the box: [No]

On Friday, I'm going to a ladies only resort. Solaris. Sounds nice. I've never been there and have tried to contact them but no answer for some reason. But anyway, two friends and I are ging to turn up and sunbaaaathe and have lunch. I know they'll gosspic a lot, but let's ignore this part. If I decide to hang out with women who don't gossip I'll end up with male friends only.

Form 156: Are you planning to engage in any terrorist activities in the US? Check the box: [No]

Or shall I actually just go for lunch somewhere nice, go to the movies? No, Solaris would be better. Plus I smell a good blog entry coming up Friday night.

Form 2019: Two-Year-Home-Residency. Student exchange program stipulates that you spend two years of physical stay in your country upon completion of your study in the US. (NB: Getting married to an American or giving birth there does not cancel this term) Damn, that was exactly the plan. Pffff.

'I have read and understood bla bla bla.' Sign. But I can go on into a PhD program. Or rather, find a job somewhere else, save money to travel or open the bookstore I'd love to have.

I will not wait till 9.45 pm. I'll have the caramel cinnamon roll on the way to the interview after I have printed out the forms and stapled them top left, as required!!

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I just turned 30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, kholkhal!

Looking forward to reading the day's post after the gossip in Solaris. Too bad there are no pictures of the tan, and even more of the squint bulldog "showing ears" (that cracked me up). How do you show your ears !? And NOT smile ?! :)

I really like your style. It reminds me of another Egyptian writer, Adhaf. But it's yours, more personal, alterning lines. It's a very visual style, almost like reading a script from a movie. We can see you filling that form and thinking... When will a filmmaker do a Kholkhal movie?

Unknown said...

Hey! Happy belated birthday!! I too must agree with the above comment, I love your style of writing as well.
I'm so excited for you to come to the States! This may be a huge country, but we will find a way to see eachother once you're here.
I also just wanted to say (even though I'm sure you've already gone by now) to enjoy Solaris! I took a friend of mine there for her birthday and we loved it! I'm sure you will too!
All the best!!

Nesrine said...

Thanks American :))
I enjoyed Solaris a lot. I'm planning to go again this the coming weekend.
It would be great to see you in the US..
It would also be nice to know who you are :)