Friday 21 September 2007

Top 10 lies an Egyptian woman tells her man



1- Do you know who phoned me yesterday? My ex-boyfriend/husband/fiance.
2- Oh, come on! I don't care about presents at all. You're my real present!
3- Your salary is fine. I would live with you no matter what.
4- You're the first one ever to touch my hand!!
5- Please don't say so about yourself. You are 170 kg and you still look great. I love you the way you are.
6- Your mom is just like my mom to me.
7- You were great tonight.
8- I was with my mom at the doctor's.
9- A rich engineer working in the Gulf is coming to propose on Thursday.
10- You know? Last year I was only 50 kg.

5 comments:

Hafez said...

A delightful gift!

- And a correction to mine (hoping I am answering the right person...): http://www.garancedore.fr/

Très bon weekend ! H

Nesrine said...

you're answering the right person and I'm glad you liked the gift :)
Très bon weekend to you too, Hafez

kiran said...

Funny,

Though number 1 and number 8 don't translate to American culture I don't think.

I don't get those two. I think an American girl or boy is more likely to not tell that an ex called them.

kiran said...

Oh, I am guessing that when a girl wants to do something she doesn't want her man to know about she says she is going to the doctor, so that he will not ask any more questions, as he really doesn't want to hear about stuff that girls do at the doctors?

And he doesn't want to talk to the mom to confirm the alibi?

Nesrine said...

Yeah, you're right. It's obviously clear to a Middle Eastern mind only.
Number 1 : She's trying to make him feel jealous.
Number 8 : She was probably with another man or with someone he doen't like. Safest thing to say is she was with her mom 'coz she's going to be long.